Welcome to the Morton Grove Farmers’ Market
2013 Market Schedule
- Click our EVENTS tab above to learn more about our upcoming Markets.
- Check the LATEST NEWS on the far right column for our blog. ——->
The Morton Grove WINTER Farmers’ Market
is just a few days away!
Saturday, December 7th: 9 am – 2 pm
Morton Grove Civic Center, 6140 Dempster St., Morton Grove
~ Local Artisans ~ Holiday Treats ~ Gift Items ~
~ Breakfast and Lunch Cafe ~ Cooking Demos ~ Live Music ~
THANK YOU to our Indoor Markets Sponsor:
Be sure to visit their booth at the Market!
Here’s our VENDOR LINE UP for this Saturday:
- Albo Acres hand spun, hand knit alpaca wool socks, gloves, and more
- Alluring Spectrums stained glass items, wooden items such as keychains and letter openers
- Aunty Jeanne’s jams, jellies, and honey
- Backyard Bed and Breakfast hand made wooden birdhouses and decor
- Beijo de Chocolat gourmet chocolates and truffles, baked goods, tea
- Benhart Farm beef, pork, chicken, and turkey, free-range eggs
- Brian Kabat Photography photo prints, greeting cards, calendars, dvds
- Brick Oven Kitchen hummus, pita chips, giardiniera, herbs
- * Buttercream by Julianna gluten free baked goods, made to order GF waffles, hot chocolate, hot holiday tea
- Cheese People, The local, artisan cheese
- * Fusion Spice vegan wraps, vegetarian wraps and baked samosas
- Gretta’s Goats organic goat milk soap, goat milk bath salts, raw goat fiber
- Jilly Bean Jar sewn and knit items
- La Spiceria, Inc. gourmet spices, herbs, seeds, grains and unique seasonings
- LAZ Cosmetics all natural bath and body products, hand made sterling silver jewelry, hand blown glass jewelry, hand blown glass marbles and christmas ornaments
- Lester’s Bison Farm bison meat, Amish hand rolled butter
- Lil Bit Kit children’s baking kits
- Maggie’s Munchies elk antlers, bison and beef dog chews, boomer balls, various dog treats
- Maier’s Bakery fresh baked goods made right here in Morton Grove
- * Tamales Express tamales, tacos, corn on the cob, mango on a stick, soup, atole (hot drink) and Mexican soft drinks
Baking Demonstrations by Pillsbury Bake Off FINALIST Arlene Erlbach
Arlene will be showing us how to make her award winning cranberry orange dark chocolate flatbread! There will be two demonstrations in the upstairs Market Cafe area.
Luz Eco (10 am – 12 noon)
Jon Weber (12 noon – 2 pm)
Thank you to our wonderful Winter Market volunteers!
- Set up (7:30-9:00 am)
- Welcome Booth Shift 1 (9:00-11:30 am)
- Kiddie Corner Shift 1 (9:00-11:30 am)
- Welcome Booth Shift 2 (11:30 am – 2:00 pm)
- Kiddie Corner Shift 2 (11:30 am – 2:00 pm)
- Clean Up (2:00-3:00 pm)
We are now accepting applications for the Indoor Markets (Winter/Spring) and the Regular Season Outdoor Markets (May, June-Oct).
We are looking for vendors selling local food products and artisan gift items for the Spring indoor market and the 2014 outdoor markets. The Morton Grove Farmers’ Market strives to be a local, producer only Market. All items must be home-grown, handmade, and/or vendor-created from locally-owned operations. Fruits, vegetables and flowers need to be grown within the approximate range of 150 miles of Morton Grove. E-mail email@example.com for information or an Indoor Market or Regular Season application.
Questions? Contact the manager team at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847-750-MGFM / 847-750-6436, or www.facebook.com/MGFarmersMarket.
VOLUNTEER! The Morton Grove Farmers’ Market is a wonderful place to meet fellow Morton Grovers every Saturday morning. The Market is run by a hard working team of Farmers’ Market Committee Members and Volunteers. We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic volunteers to help staff the two shifts at the Market throughout the season: Set Up and Welcome Booth 6:30 – 9:30 am or Welcome Booth and Clean up 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. To join us, please e-mail your name, phone number and availability to volunteer @mgfarmersmarket.com. We will be happy to write Community Service hours letters if needed.
This year’s Morton Grove Farmers’ Market will be our best season ever! Every Saturday, we are expecting lots of wonderful vendors to attend our Farmers’ Markets. We are happy to return to our 6210 Dempster St, location in Morton Grove. Join us from 8 am – 12 noon for shopping, dining, and getting to know your farmers and neighbors.
In addition to the wonderful vendors every week, we will provide FREE musical entertainment, FREE Kiddie Corner play area and crafts. Please visit our weekly Community Group and Sponsor tables.
For a list of our Vendors, please visit our Vendors page!
For an updated list of our Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze sponsors, please visit our Sponsor page or our facebook Sponsor album. We are accepting sponsorships for the 2013 season. If you have any questions or would like to donate, please e-mail email@example.com.
The Morton Grove Farmers’ Market location features ample parking along with easy access by foot or bicycle. MB Bank has generously offered Market patrons use of their South parking lot. For your safety, please cross Dempster at the traffic light at Fernald. The friendly and dedicated EMA volunteers will be on hand to ensure everyone’s safety.
Thanks for visiting! Hope to see you again soon!