Morton Grove Farmers’ Market’s
4th Annual PIE CONTEST
is THIS Saturday, June 28th
New Time, Same Rules!
Market Hours: 8 am – 12 pm
Pie Entries are due by 9:45 am
(Please note extended time!)
Please bring 2 identical fruit pies to the Market between 8:00-9:45 am, along with the recipe or list of ingredients.
Please complete this entry form found at the Welcome Booth or here.
Celebrity Judging will begin around 10:15 am.
PIE CONTEST RULES:
- Open to amateur bakers of all ages.
- One entry per person.
- Bring two identical pies: one for appearance, one for judge tasting.
- Fresh or frozen fruit only – no dairy or eggs permitted in the filling.
- Crust and filling must be homemade.
- Accepted size range is 7” – 10.” Pies must be round.
- Pies must be at the judges’ table NO LATER than 9:45 am on Saturday, June 28th.
- Winner must be present during 10:15 a.m. judging.
- Winners will receive prizes and accolades!
- Pies will be sliced and sold to Market customers after judging to raise funds for the local food pantry.
- Please use disposable pie tins in case your “show pie” is sold whole.
We are pleased to announce our
2014 Pie Contest Judges:
- Ron Kaplan aka Ronnie Suburban – co-founder of the foodie focused LTH Forum. 2011 & 2013 MGFM Pie Contest Judge. “Chicago foodie, online personality, co-owner of Highland Park-based Greenwood Associates Inc., which distributes industrial food ingredients.” Chicago Magazine
- Morton Grove’s NEW Police Chief Michael Simo
- Steve Zaransky – co-founder of LTH Forum, a message board for Chicago foodies. 2012 & 2013 MGFM Pie Contest Judge
PIE CONTEST PRIZES:
Second Place: $25 in Market Bucks
Third Place: $10 in Market Bucks
Special thanks to our Pie Contest Coordinator Maria Toth.
Thank you for all of your planning and hard work!
Questions? Stop by the Farmers’ Market this Saturday and ask the friendly Welcome Booth volunteers or Manager on Duty. You can also call 847.750.MGFM (6436) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article updated 6/23 4:30 pm.