Morton Grove Farmers’ Market
Summer Fun Fest with the
MG Park District!
Saturday, June 15th Market Hours: 8 am – 12 pm Summer Fun Fest starts at 9 am
- Fresh, local produce including STRAWBERRIES, ASPARAGUS, RHUBARB, SPINACH, RADISHES, and HOOP HOUSE TOMATOES.
- Click here for a Seasonal Produce Guide.
- Prepared foods, bakery items, meat, eggs and cheeses
- Artisan crafts and goods
The Morton Grove Farmers’ Market season is in full swing! The Morton Grove Farmers’ Market and the Morton Grove Park District present Summer Fun Fest this Saturday. See the flyer below for details about the day’s activities.
Last chance to shop for Father’s Day! Remember to pick up birthday and graduation presents, lunch, and your weekly groceries! Enjoy hot prepared foods, fresh produce and plants, hand-crafted items, fresh baked goods, and much more. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook for Market updates!
The Featured Vendor on June 15th will be Lyons Fruit Farm
. Music will be provided by the Howard Windmiller Quintet
. The Community Group will be the Morton Grove Public Library
. The Sponsor on hand will be Matt Mitchell State Farm Insurance
. The MG Days Commission
will have Morton Grove Days tickets available.
The Park District Historical Museum will feature a “Wild Things of Morton Grove”
exhibit at the Museum Education Center just north of the Market. The MG Historical Society
will offer special summer hours for museum tours
on the last Saturdays of each month from 9 am – 12 pm during the Morton Grove Farmers’ Market season!
These are the wonderful vendors scheduled for this Saturday’s Farmers’ Market:
- Albo Acres (alpaca wool products)
- Backyard Bed and Breakfast (hand-crafted wooden bird and bat houses, squirrel feeders)
- Benhart Farms (meat, poultry, eggs)
- Blankenship Farms (fruits, vegetables, flowers, plants)
- Brick Oven Kitchen (hummus, pita chips, salads)
- Buttercream by Julianna (gluten-free baked goods, waffles made to order)
- The Cheese People (artisan cheeses)
- Diana’s Whoopie Pies (whoopie pies and fruit pies)
- The Eating Well (organic foods – veggie burgers, chili, dessert)
- Gretta’s Goats (goat milk soap)
- LAZ Cosmetics (natural body care, hand made jewelry)
- Lyons Fruit Farm (fruit, vegetables, flowers, plants, eggs)
- Maier’s Bakery (local pastries, breads)
- Northshore Pet Chef (all natural pet food)
- Patyk Farms (produce, flowers, plants)
- Super Cup Coffee Shop (beverages, salsa)
- Tamales Express (meat and vegetarian tamales, tacos, elotes)
- Wright Way Farm (certified organic produce, whole wheat flour and whole wheat pasta)
Our Market can now accept Link EBT cards (SNAP Food Stamps). Thanks to our generous sponsors who made this possible! NorthShore University HealthSystems will also offer matching funds in the form of Double Value Tokens. See the BMO Harris Bank EBT booth near the Welcome Booth for details. Questions about Link at our Market? Click the Frequently Asked Questions here: MGFM Link Customer FAQ or MGFM Link Vendor FAQ!
The Morton Grove Farmers’ Market’s full season will take place from 8 am – 12 pm EVERY Saturday through October 19th, except for July 6th. Join us for shopping, dining, live entertainment, activities for the kids, and so much more!
Saturday, June 22nd: Bike to the Market Day
Join Girl Scout Troop 42547 and Lutheran General Hospital for Bike Helmet Fittings and Sales, Bike Safety information, and Bicycle registration with the Morton Grove Police Department.
Saturday, June 29th: Third Annual Pie Contest
Pie Contest Rules:
- Open to amateur bakers of all ages. One entry per person.
- Bring two identical pies: one for appearance, one for judge tasting.
- Fresh or frozen fruit only-no dairy or eggs permitted.
- Crust and filling must be homemade.
- Accepted size range is 7″ – 10.” Pies must be round.
- Pies must be at the judges’ table NO LATER than 10:45 am on Saturday, June 29.
- Winner must be present during 11 a.m. judging.
- Winners will receive prizes and accolades!
- Pies will be sliced and sold to Market customers after judging to raise funds for the local food pantry.
Thursday, July 4th: Morton Grove Parade
Watch for us in the annual Morton Grove Independence Day Parade along Dempster St. – the Morton Grove Farmers’ Market has been chosen to be the GRAND MARSHALS this year!
NO MARKET SATURDAY, JULY 6TH
For more information about our calendar, vendors or sponsors, please visit our website: mgfarmersmarket.com, call 847.750.6436, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking for the Market is located in the MB Financial Bank South lot, the American Legion Civic Center lot, the Historical Museum lot, and the Harrer Pool parking lots (both East and West of the Pool). Please do not park in the street along Fernald, south of Dempster.